Family Care Uganda is a Christian NGO that has been registered here in Uganda since 1999.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our prime goal is to share the good news of God’s love, truth, and salvation and to translate God’s love into action in a way that brings a touch of the divine to someone’s spirit, and leads people to the discovery of a personal relationship with Jesus. We work with those of all religions and all denominations with no respect of economic, racial or ethnic backgrounds, in the hope of making this a better world.
- Our main Project is the development of a fully self-supporting school and facility for orphans and disadvantaged children in war-torn Northern Uganda. Many of our children are children of child soldiers from the Kony war.
- Back in 2005 and 2006 we worked with the marginalised Ik tribe, in the far north east of Uganda. At the request of the elders, we have brought 25 Ik tribe children to school in our area where they are not bullied, are given a chance at a top level education.
- We have built 9 classrooms, teachers accommodation and are building our 3rd home for the children. Other basics such as a store, kitchen, toilet and bathing facilities have been built, and we bought a 20 acre plot of land across the road with a vision of using agriculture as our means of long-term self-sustainability.
- Even though so few of the children we take in speak English when they join us, we are happy to say that they have been receiving excellent results in the National PLE exams, and we continue to support and sponsor orphans who show skill and determination to continue their higher education. Others we help with vocational training.